I am considering to move from Austin, Texas to Colombia
Stay in Austin
- Life is long
- You have moved many cities before (STL, NYC)
- Summer is too hot for dogs
- Austin is rapidly changing
- So is Medellin… so is everywhere
Move to Colombia
- Good weather, all year around
- Fresh foods
- Will definitely learn Spanish
- Cost of living is Less expensive than in Austin Texas
- Squash is popular in Colombia
- Already have a social network
- My personality vibes with the culture
- Cool to build a Spanish-learning app in a spanish-speaking country
- Politial situation, president?
- Medellin is a rapidly grow
- Visa process
- May need to invest, buy property, take classes
- (re)Create a makerspace in MDE
- I walk the dogs outside frequently throughout the day
- I am fluent in Spanish
- I take Spanish classes
- How long can I stay in Colombia as a tourist?
- How does the “taking classes” visa work? what counts?
- Which city to live?
- I love the heat, but…
- Too hot for dogs?
- Good schools
- Which neighborhood to live?